Hardware Appliance 3.9.5 Release Notes
We are pleased to announce the release of the EJBCA Hardware Appliance and SignServer Hardware Appliance version 3.9.5.
The release brings Link Bonding (LACP) support and updated versions of EJBCA Enterprise and SignServer Enterprise.
New versions of EJBCA Enterprise and SignServer Enterprise
EJBCA Enterprise 7.9.0
Updated version of EJBCA Enterprise, see the EJBCA Release Notes.
SignServer Enterprise 5.9.0
Updated version of SignServer Enterprise, see the SignServer Release Notes.
Link Bonding (LACP) Support
For the current generation of hardware, the additional network interface ports can now be used for Link Bonding (LACP).
New Features and Improvements
The following lists new features and improvements included in the release.
- The third-party library OpenSSL has been updated/patched to not be vulnerable to CVE-2022-0778 (MONT-3482).
- Link Bonding/LACP (MONT-3106, MONT-3438).
- Since the "legacy" EndEntity enrollment method <keygen> has been removed from browsers and EJBCA alike, the Appliance WebConf does not offer this method anymore (MONT-3511).
- WebConf will no longer suggest a filename with a ':' character for a file to download by the browser (Cluster KSP) and thus the browser no longer needs to substitute this with a space char (MONT-3489).
- EJBCA OCSP Audit and transaction logging will now also be forwarded to syslog (MONT-3440).
- A built-in timeout has been increased to be more patient when creating big/slow key sizes on slow HSMs (MONT-3412).
- Since all new installations are now with P11R2 by default, the HSM KeepAlive Service in EJBCA is no longer created by default (MONT-3330).
- In some situations, an EJBCA instance would previously not resume automatically after a short network interruption to the rest of the cluster. This issue has now been resolved (MONT-3326 and MONT-2589).
For important upgrade information and limitations to be aware of, review the Upgrade Notes.