Set up Network
The following provides an overview of how to connect and configure the project network.
Note that this outlines how to set up an example network for demonstration purposes and that you may adapt the configuration according to how you build your actual network.
Connect the three network cables to the following interfaces of the Identity Authority Manager (IdAM):
- Device Adapter (DA) interface
- Sequence Controller and Administration (SCA) interface
- Trust Service Adapter (TSA) interface
For an overview of the IdAM hardware interface, see Connect IdAM - Hardware Interface.
IdAM must be operated within a sub-network where the IP addresses 192.168.5.xx are available, for example 192.168.5.0/24.
The following describes how to test the network configuration and display the login screen.
Confirm that all three network cables are connected between the router/switch and the IdAM before powering on the IdAM.
- Connect the network cables from the IdAM to the router/switch.
- Connect your workstation or laptop to the switch and ensure to configure a fixed IP address.
- Connect the power supply to the IdAM.
- Switch on the IdAM. Confirm that all three network cables are connected between the router/switch and the IdAM before powering on the IdAM.
- Wait for the boot process to complete (this can take up to 3 minutes).
- In your browser, go to
to display the login screen.
Next Step: Configure IdAM
For information on configuring certificates, CA Service, and the IdAM Identity, see Configure IdAM.