The following describes how to implement the process workflow by defining rule chains based on the sequence diagram.
The Rule Chain of nodes, connected with each other with relations, allows the outbound message from a rule node to be sent to the next connected rule node. For more information, see Rule Engine Concepts or view a PrimeKey technical video tutorial on how to issue device certificates:
Define Rule Chains
Use the sequence diagram to define the rule chains. The following rule chains can be created as placeholders for nodes and relations created when the rule chains are configured in the next step Configure Rule Chains.
Create Rule Chains
The Rule Chains page contains an overview of configured rule chains where each rule chain has a separate card. To start the implementation, generate the main root message switch that is the main entry of all messages the IdAM receives from the production line.
To create the rule chains defined in the previous steps, do the following:
- Click the Rule Chains menu option.
- Click the plus sign + to add a new rule chain.
- Specify the name of the root rule chain where every message from the production line will be processed: <PrimeOne>Root.
- Then, to add each message flow in a separate rule chain, add rule chains for the following:
- The Rule Chains page now displays your configured rule chains:
Next Step - Configure Rule Chains
Next, continue with configuring the Rule Chains.