Step 2: One Time Password and TLS Fingerprint
During the setup process you will need the One Time Password (OTP) and the TLS Fingerprint for the following:
- TLS Fingerprint: You have to confirm the TLS Fingerprint when you first connect to the Hardware Appliance to run the WebConf wizard. The shortened TLS Fingerprint shown in the Hardware Appliance display refers to the TLS certificate that secures the connection between your web browser and the configurator WebConf.
- One Time Password (OTP): You have to enter the OTP when you initially run the WebConf wizard. The OTP will become invalid after the installation has been successfully accomplished.
Proceed as follows to retrieve the 'One Time Password (OTP)' and the 'TLS Fingerprint':
- Make sure the Hardware Appliance is powered and booted up completely.
- Use the Up and Down buttons of the display to scroll to the page with the OneTimePassword:Front Display showing the One Time Password
- Write down the OneTimePassword. You will need it for the web-based part of the installation process.
- Use the Up and Down buttons of the display to scroll to the page with the TLS Fingerprint - TLS SHA 256 FP:Front Display showing the TLS Fingerprint
- Write down the TLS Fingerprint. When you connect to the Hardware Appliance you will be asked to compare it with the fingerprint of the TLS certificate in your browser. This is to make sure that you are accessing the correct device.
Remember to write down the OneTimePassword and the TLS SHA 256 FP (TLS Fingerprint). You will need them at a later stage of the installation process.