- Hardware Appliance Unboxing
- Initial Set-up
- Restore from Backup
- Connect to Cluster
- Using External CA for Installation
- Basic Hardware Operations
- WebConf - Configurator of Hardware Appliance
- Certificates and Trusted CAs
- Setting up a Validation Authority (VA)
- HA Setup
- PKCS#11 Slot Smart Card Activation
- EJBCA Administration
- Certificate Life Cycle Management
Creating CA Hierarchy
- Step 1: Create the RootCA
- Step 2: Create Certificate Profile for SubCAs
- Step 3: Create End Entity Profile for SubCAs
- Step 4: Import RootCA as External CA in Node A
- Step 5: Create SignCA as SubCA in Node A
- Step 6: Create AuthCA as SubCA in Node A
- Step 7: Create SSLCA as SubCA in Node A
- Step 8: Create Certificate Profiles for End Entities that use the SubCAs
- Step 9: Create End Entity Profiles for SubCAs
- Step 10: Create End Entities that use the SubCAs
- Managing End Entities
- Creating Java Truststore
- Check for Weak Debian Keys
- Hardware Appliance 3.5.4 Release Notes
- Hardware Appliance 3.5.3 Release Notes
- Hardware Appliance 3.5.2 Release Notes
- Hardware Appliance 3.5.1 Release Notes
- Hardware Appliance 3.5.0 Release Notes
- PKI Appliance 3.4.5 Release Notes
- PKI Appliance 3.4.4 Release Notes
- PKI Appliance 3.4.3 Release Notes
PKI Appliance 3.4.2 Release Notes
PKI Appliance 3.4.1 Release Notes
- Release Notes Summary
- Hardware Appliance 3.5.X Upgrade Notes
This installation section includes details on the scope of delivery and the Hardware Appliance device and provides step-by-step instructions for installing the Hardware Appliance.
Hardware Appliance Unboxing
For details on the scope of delivery and the device, as well as important notes on taking the Hardware Appliance into operation and powering it up, see Hardware Appliance Unboxing.
During the initial set-up process, the Hardware Appliance is transferred from its delivery state to a production setup. For more information and instructions on configuration steps involved, see Initial Set-up.
Restore from Backup
For instructions and prerequisites for restoring a standalone system from backup, see Restore from Backup.
Connect to Cluster
For information on adding a fresh and unprovisioned Hardware Appliance to an existing cluster, or adding it to another standalone Hardware Appliance to start a cluster, see Connect to Cluster.
Using External CA for Installation
You can install two different Hardware Appliances with the same Management CA certificate. For this process, the certificate is installed on a smart card. For more information, see Using External CA for Installation.